Saturday, August 25, 2007

How To Shoot a Basketball

Learning how to shoot a basketball well is a very rewarding challenge. I remember the first time time I every made a game winning shot. I wasn't a starter on the team, but got the call to be on the floor when we were down one point with 10 seconds left in the game. Our team's star drove to the basket, but was quickly double teamed. With no place else to go he dished it out to me and with out thinking I shot a perfect swish just as time expired. After that shot I was put in the starting lineup and cemented my place on the team with my great shooting ability.

That final buzz shot felt great, but I would never have been able to make it if I hadn't spent time each day learning how to shoot a basketball. It's something that doesn't come easy, but when you are finally able to experience that feeling for the first time it will be worth all your effort. Hopefully the basketball tips I share in the blog will teach you how to shoot a basketball, and many other basketball skills. The most important lesson is to get out on that court and practice. You will never be able to hit that winning jumper from your computer!

1 comment:

Ammar Mazrui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.